Monday, September 27, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!


Sometimes life is just crazy...like right now.  Everything seems to be going at top speed, and I can barely keep up, let alone get ahead!  But stamping is my relaxation, so I'm just going to leave all that stuff behind...except that this card should have gone into the mail last week.  Oops!

I actually made this card last Monday night, for the ColorQ challenge #51, which provided the great line-up of Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Peach Parfait, So Saffron, and Whisper White.  I really like these colors, which are so fresh and fall-like, and the inspiration cards were great!  I sat down with images of leaves in my head...and ended up with daisies.  This wasn't at all what I was planning, but I really like it.

Obviously I'm still pleased that I traded for Upsy Daisy--I inked that up in Poppy Parade to get started.  I'm also still working on incorporating more ribbon, which is where my peach "stripe" came from...though it's actually Pumpkin Pie.  Could you tell?  I wasn't sure how to incorporate the So Saffron, until I realized that Designer Label punch would fit around that "Happy Birthday" sentiment, which is stamped in Old Olive.

I love all the white space on this card, and hope to make more cards that use so much white.  The finishing touch for this card is the half pearls, which I spaced out along the ribbon.  I wanted just a little extra something, and these really hit the spot!  I used the medium and small size, and just eyeballed their placement (so don't look too closely!).  Now it's time for this to go in the mail, finally--which leads me to my TIP: When you use hard embellishments like brads, buttons, rhinestones or these pearls, you should include an extra sheet of paper in the envelope to cover and protect the embellishments in the mail.  Otherwise the postal machines could tear them off, and that is no fun.


Cheers!
~Melanie


Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Poppy Parade, Old Olive
Paper: Peach Parfait, Old Olive, Whisper White, So Saffron
Extras: Pumpkin Pie 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Designer Label Punch, dimmensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment