Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sewing Friends


I traded one of the sets I use less for a set I've been wanting for a while...and I have to say, I love trades!  What a great way to save some money and still get what you'd like.  So here is my first card with Puns from the Past.

Also, Stampin' Up! is going through a color renovation--out with the old, in with the new--so I'm trying to use up some of my "old" colors.  It took me a long time to warm up to Sage Shadow, but once I did I went all in...which means that I have lots to use up now.  So Sage Shadow forms the base of this card, stamped with En Francais in Sage Shadow Ink.

The next piece is a color that will be staying, Sahara Sand.  And it is obviously the focal point, with the sewing machine inked in Chocolate Chip, and the sentiment in Brilliant Blue...another of those colors that will disappear come July 1.  Since it is about to go, I decided to use it for some sponging as well.  And then, my stroke of genius (in my opinion) was to use the Masterpiece Ribbon Originals for a little "stitching" to tie the whole card together.

And that's all.  Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Puns From the Past, En Francais
Ink: Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip, Brilliant Blue
Paper: Sage Shadow, Sahara Sand
Extras: Corner Rounder punch, sponge, Masterpiece Originals ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment