Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers

Say that three times fast!  In keeping with the two recent posts, here is a card I made for new parents who are friends of mine.  This is a fairly simple card that uses two colors and two stamp sets.  Sweet and simple.

I stamped En Francais in Chocolate Chip on Kraft, then sponged the edges with more Chocolate Chip and some Riding Hood Red over the middle.  (Does this make it look vintage?  I have no clue, but everyone seems to be raving about vintage now.  I just thought it looked too stark before I added the red sponging)

The little piece is stamped with the buggy from Puns from the Past, inked with both Chocolate Chip and Real Red.  I don't have the Riding Hood Red marker...but you wouldn't know the difference if I hadn't told you, now would you?  I also sponged around this piece, then put it all together...and had to wait a few weeks for the baby to come so I could put it in the mail.  She's here now, and everyone is very happy.

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: En Francais, Puns from the Past
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Real Red
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kraft
Extras: sponges, Corner Rounder punch

No comments:

Post a Comment