Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day



Hi Mom!

I sent Mom her card and gift earlier this week, but have held off on posting here...just in case she decided to give my blog a quick glance.  Unlikely, but you never know!  This is the card she opened/will open today, and I hope she likes it.

I was just playing around when I made this card, and sometimes that's the best thing to do.  I got out my Circle Scissors Plus, which I love but don't use often enough, and quickly had circles in the retiring colors Ballet Blue, Orchid Opulence, and Cameo Coral--all favorites of mine.  Then I got out my trusty Big Shot and added texture to each of these circles with a quick trip through the Big Shot in an embossing folder: Bashful Blue in the new Square Lattice embossing folder, Orchid Opulence in the Manhattan Flower folder, and Cameo Coral in the polka dot folder.  The layout was, again, just me playing around; this is essentially how they landed when I dropped the circles on the table.  

The base is Apricot Appeal--a color I am not sad to lose, I have to say--and that sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I stamped it on Sage Shadow and then popped it out with the Modern Label punch and this card was great to go.  I hope Mom likes it!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Ballet Blue, Orchid Opulence, Cameo Coral, Sage Shadow
Extras: Circle Scissors Plus, Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Manhattan Flower embossing folder, Modern Label punch, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment