Friday, April 9, 2010

Welcome Baby


This is perfect timing, because I just learned today about the arrival of the first of my friends' expected spring babies.  This means that Bambi and Thumper are going in the mail very soon (I don't think they're supposed to be Disney characters, but doesn't it look like them?)

The only "fancy" thing on this card is the tree--I inked it in Gable Green, then used my Chocolate Chip marker to color in the trunk and branches before stamping.  The deer is Close to Cocoa and the bunny is in Basic Grey, stamped off once.

I mounted the stamped piece of Whisper White onto Close to Coca, then used the corner rounder punch on its corners.  I chose Gable Green for the card base, so it would bring out those spring green leaves, and edged a piece of Brilliant Blue with the Scallop Trim Edge Punch.  The final touch is the sentiment, which was an easy addition from Chit Chat rub-ons.  As luck would have it, there are a number of "welcome baby" sentiments in that pack, and I'll be using those soon.

Happy Friday!
~Melanie

Stamps: Forest Friends
Ink: Gable Green, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey, Close to Cocoa
Paper: Gable Green, Brilliant Blue, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Extras: Scallop Trim Edge Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Chit Chat Rub-Ons

No comments:

Post a Comment