Friday, September 19, 2014

CASE-ing the Catalog


When I got the annual catalog, I immediately fell in love with Flower Patch--and this is mostly because of the gorgeous cards featured on page 154 and 155 of the catalog (though I always love a good flower stamp, especially when it's layered!)  So I decided to C.A.S.E.--Copy And Share Everything--the cards on that page.



Did you know that Stampin' Up! publishes the card ingredients for every project in the catty?  It's true!  So if you aren't sure what color you're looking at, you can always look that up.  But they don't tell you what size the card is.  So I first made the card as a normal 4.25 x 5.5 card, and it just looks a little funny.  The spacing is off and I felt like I needed extra leaves.  Hmm, I thought, maybe that's a notecard?


So I tried again with a 3.5 x 5 card, and everything fit into place.  But I think this looks great at both sizes, and I will certainly make some more.

By the way, I noticed that I thought my colors were off--or at least darker than the catalog--when I was making these cards.  But as the ink dried, the colors lightened considerably, so keep that in mind as you work with the photopolymer stamps.  I don't know what it is, but something about the way they ink up seems a bit fuller than the clear and wood mount stamps.  Yet everything is beautiful once it's dry.

Floral cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Flower Patch
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay
Paper: Whisper White

No comments:

Post a Comment