Wednesday, August 22, 2012

More Fun with MDS2


I'm determined to make the most of this month's special--31% off all print orders until the end of August!  Since I'm starting a new job and worry that I will have even less time than usual to make cards on time for birthdays, holidays or any day, I've decided to make and order some cards--which is also much quicker than trying to finish a scrapbook in the coming week!

The new features in MDS2 are just fantastic.  For this card, I was able to change the color of the pear DSP from Good Morning Speciality (one of my all time favorite patterns) to whatever I wanted.  Unlike the stamps, you can't color specific portions, so the paper will be monochromatic in shades of the color you choose--here I've used Gumball Green and Concord Crush.  I also learned how to round corners, so I could make these fun flower shapes from four pieces of DSP, and how to type on a curvy line.

The background is "distressed" using Natural Overlays.  If you haven't played around with overlay stamps yet, you should definitely give it a try!  They really help to give projects dimension and make them look more "real" than digital.  I also like my pre-overlay version, but it definitely looks more digital, don't you think?


If you haven't tried My Digital Studio yet, now is definitely the time!  I hope you'll have as much fun as I am.

Cheers!
~Melanie

MDS2: Good Morning Specialty DSP, Naturals Overlays stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment