Saturday, August 20, 2011

More IBC Inspiration


After I made my last card, I kept flipping through the Idea Book and Catalog, looking for other great ideas--it was so much fun!  (While I've known you can do this for a long time and recommended it to others, I've never actually sat down to do it myself--how silly.)  This 3x3 card was inspired by a framed gem on page 163, but I wandered pretty far afield from my inspiration piece.

Obviously what remains the same is the word collage done with Fabulous Phrases.  I have this set in clear mount, which really helps with lining up the words and seeing how they'll fit next to each other.  I started off with "fabulous" and worked out from there...only to realize that my collage was not centered on my original card.  So I punched the whole thing out with the Designer Label punch, since it just barely fit in those margins.

Next, I thought it would be fun to have a contrasting color, so I punched a piece of Wisteria Wonder and lined it up--I just love the shape that the two punches make together.  This is a perfect fit for a 3"x3" card of Lucky Limeade.  My finishing touch is two Antique Brads, with a little extra bling from two basic rhinestones. 

I can't wait to look for more inspiration in the IBC.  Any suggestions for what I should make next?
Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Fabulous Phrases
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder
Paper: Ivory Naturals, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade
Extras: Antique Brads, Basic Rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment