Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yes, We Do Invitations...

When I first started sharing my cards, the one question that I got most often--and that most surprised me--was if I made invitations.  Of course I could, but I certainly hadn't tried my hand at it.

No more, I'm proud to share.  Kiran and I have been making a number of invitations for a variety of events, and since we're *not* stamping this week, it seems like a great time to share these invitations with you.

First up is a baby shower we did recently--invitations for a friend of a friend.  It was the perfect chance to use Fox and Friends, and these sweet and simple cards were pretty easy to put together.  And check it out, we used RIBBON!  I rarely use ribbon on cards because I'm not great at tying bows--but thanks to my aunt and upline, I learned this great, no-tying ribbon trick.  Just use the double rectangle punch to make holes wide enough for your ribbon, then thread the ribbon from front to back to front to back to front again.  Obviously this isn't so simple to explain, but what it means is that you loop the ribbon around the middle cardstock, then trim the ends so it looks like a bow...and that takes care of any ribbon tying worries.  Whew!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Fox and Friends
Paper: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel Marker
Extras: Double Rectangle Punch, Bashful Blue 1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Square Punch, 1-1/4" Square Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment