Friday, March 12, 2010

Beautiful Blue Birds


I still need to get ready for all the babies that are on the way...but first, here is a card for two friends that recently got engaged.  I've seen these "love birds" cards in a few places, but the first was Kristin Moore's blog and she's the one who inspired me.

For this card, I used my Extra-Large Two-Step Bird Punch on Very Vanilla paper.  I sponged the birds and wings with Ballet Blue ink, so that they would coordinate with the heart of Bella Bleu DSP, and made them "pop" with dimensionals.  Thank the Full Heart punch for that heart.  Underneath that is a Very Vanilla rectangle, edged with the Scallop Trim Border and Scallop Trim Corner punches.  The final touch is my current favorite stamp set, Well Scripted, which just adds a touch of elegance to any card.  Can't wait to put this on in the mail!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Well Scripted
Paper: Bella Bleu DSP, Very Vanilla, Brocade Blue
Ink: Basic Black, Ballet Blue
Extras: Dimensionals, Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch, Full Heart punch, Scallop Trim Border punch, Scallop Trim Corner punch, sponges

1 comment:

  1. Awe, that card is super cute. I'll have to ask you about baby cards soon b/c I have way too many babies on the way. Well, my friends do at least. Don't worry, I'm not going all Octomom on you.

    ReplyDelete