Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Thank You as Pretty as a Peacock!

These beauties take a bit of time but gosh-darn it they were worth it!  What do you say?  Making 80 of these for my wedding thank yous was no small feat so I broke down the tasks.  I find an assembly-line system much easier.  For these cards the steps were:

- Cut all the vanilla + crumb cake paper for the card bases (couldn't decide so used both!)
-  Score + then fold all the card bases
- Stamping the back of each card w/this blog address! (*this was key)
- Measuring + cutting all the peacock print paper (non-SU) & rich razzleberry ribbon
- Stamping + embossing the peacock sentiment from 'Very Thankful' in gold
- Punch all the peacocks out w/the 2.5" circle punch



I glued the peacock print band + the ribbon to all the cards first.  Then I went back and added the circle punches with dimensionals for a raised element.  The last thing is to finish stamping the envelopes to match.  I can't wait to mail these...but I have to write them all out...let's hope I don't get carpal tunnel first! Haha. =)

Happy Stampin!
~Kiran

1 comment:

  1. Wow, they look fantastic! And I love that you showed us your assembly line--a great insight into how you get it all done. :)

    ReplyDelete