Friday, February 4, 2011

Western Wedding 1

More wedding invitations!  I've been busy again, working on some Western wedding invitation ideas for my good friend, Heather.  She and Jeremy met in Jackson Hole, WY and share a true love of the outdoors.  As I mentioned when I shared her bison thank you cards, this isn't my usual style so I've been doing a LOT of thinking outside the box.

The first option I'm sharing is this compact 4x6 invitation with a belly band.  Stampin' Up! doesn't have any mountain stamps in their current line-up, so Heather special ordered this stamp of the Tetons.  I also used a non-SU embossing folder to get that wood grain textured look on the top flap.  The bottom flap has "You're Invited" from Wedding Sweet embossed in gold, though it's hard to see because it was so sunny when I took these pictures.

When you open the invitation, you still see "you're invited," which I think is a nice way to tie the front and inside together.  Underneath the text are three pines from Plant Hope, and the edges are sponged with the corresponding ink.

While I like this option, it isn't my favorite...and I still haven't heard from Heather to know what she thinks.  So stay tuned!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Plant Hope, Wedding Sweet
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizazz, Versamark
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizazz, Naturals Ivory
Extras: Corner Rounder punch, Big Shot, Gold embossing powder, Heat Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment