Sunday, February 6, 2011

Remember When...


I think I'll send this card to my mother, because it reminds me of when she taught my sister and I to sew. I combined two challenges on this--Mojo Monday sketch 176 and Stampin' Royalty Challenge #57, to use the colors Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, and Baja Breeze.  As soon as I saw the sketch, I thought of buttons from the Sweet Buttons Embosslit for that fun border.

Once I had those, I wanted to use the coordinating Sweet Stitches rub-ons, since I love the patterned girl.  I added the ruffled Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon at the top of the card just for fun...but then had no idea what sentiment to use.  Kiran came to my rescue when she brought over Word Play, which is a fantastic set of big and bold sentiments for all occasions.

I added Crumb Cake and Whisper White to the three colors from the challenge, and I like this color combination so much that I've already used it for some non-traditional (that is, non-pink-and-frilly) Valentines.  Stay tuned for those!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Word Play
Ink: Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze
Extras: Big Shot, Sweet Buttons Embosslit, Sweet Stitches Rub-Ons, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. So very sweet. Lvoe the buttons and the ruffled ribbon. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, cute! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this card is adorable. Great job with the challenge colours. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete