Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Birthday Revealed

I've been having a great time with the FREE stamp set Engraved Greetings, and today's card is another much needed birthday card for my stash.  It seems that, no matter how many cards I make, I never have birthday cards when I need them!  This is actually a very simple card to make, and I like the burst through look of the sentiment...makes me think of Superman.  Haha!

The colors here are Basic Gray and Poppy Parade, with Whisper White for the background of the sentiment.  I used the Designer Series In Color paper pack, a hostess freebie, for a sharp graphic look that would coordinate with the sentiment's color and style.  I cut the paper into for rectangles of 2" by 2-5/8"and placed them at even intervals on the 4-1/4" by 5-1/2" base.  For the burst of birthday cheer, I merely folded back the middle corners and adhered them with snail.  Easy and fun!

Cheers!
~Melanie

Stamps: Engraved Greetings
Ink: Poppy Parade
Paper: Basic Gray, Designer Series In Color Pack (Poppy Parade)

No comments:

Post a Comment